Lead, govern and manage your organization with excellence
Learn the 6 essentials to excel in not-for-profit management
Learn from experts on the key areas of strong organizational foundations. Topics include: Board Governance; Planning Strategically; Human Resources; Fund Development; Legal Responsibilities; and Financial Accountability
Attend each session with a team member
A board director, senior staff member or leadership volunteer. You'll always have someone in your passenger seat.
By the end of the 4 month program, you will be able to:
- Understand the distinct roles of the executive and board in leading, managing and governing an organization
- Flag issues that create legal risk for not-for-profits
- Develop people practices that are key to effective mission delivery
- Understand the process of planning strategically to deliver your mission
- Define the roles of staff and board in developing and achieving a fund development strategy
- Differentiate between financial health, capacity and sustainability
Additionally you will:
- Develop an action plan for transferring relevant learning into your organization
- Attend a final discussion circle with all of the facilitators focused on this question: Now that you’ve implemented your action plans what new questions have arisen?
- Have increased shared organizational knowledge among key members of your team - board and staff
- Have developed supportive relationships and personal networks with other not-for-profit leaders
You will complete this program through 3 full classroom days (9:00am - 4:00pm) and 1 half-day (9:00am - 12:00pm) over 4 months.
Facilitated by: Randy Schaefer
Day 1 - September 18, 2014
Topic #1 Board Governance: Content expert T.B.D.
Topic #2 Strategic Planning: Randy Schaefer
Day 2 - October 16, 2014
Topic #3 Human Resources: Content expert T.B.D.
Topic #4 Fund Development: Meg Clarke
Day 3 - November 20, 2014
Topic #5 Legal Responsibilities: Chilwin Cheng
Topic #6 Financial Management: Kathleen Speakman
Day 4 - December 11, 2014 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Topic #7 - Peer Discussion Circle: All facilitators & experts
All sessions are held at the Vantage Point office
1183 Melville Street, Downtown Vancouver
$625 per 2 person team
For more information, please contact Nareena Switlo, Education Specialist at 604 637 8297 or firstname.lastname@example.org