What's coming up at Vantage Point?
To apply for a bursary for one of our workshops or labs, complete our application form here.
- This event has passed.
Advanced Governance: Strategic Financial Governance
September 14 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$99 – $119
Get the most from your financial reporting
Your financial reports are about so much more than compliance. When organized well, financial reports provide critical information for making strategic decisions about your organization and its programs.
This three-hour virtual session will explore frameworks, tools, and indicators you can use to assess performance, consider alternatives, and make governance decisions. You will walk away from this workshop ready to analyze your program costs and impacts, redesign your budgeting ad reporting frameworks, and strategically assess your funding model.
Who Should Attend:
Board members, Executive Directors/CEOs and financial directors of not-for-profit organizations. All attendees should be familiar with reading and interpreting financial statements.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- EReview your current revenue and funding strategies and consider alternatives
- EUpdate your budgeting and reporting framework to provide strategically useful and meaningful information you can use to make decisions
- EIdentify key performance indicators for financial health, sustainability, and performance
- EStrategies for enhancing revenue streams
- EDesigning strategic (vs. compliance) financial reports
- EProgram cost vs. impact
- EFinancial key performance indicators for charities and not-for-profits
Gerald (Gerry) Dragomir FCPA, FCMA ChPC
Gerry has been alternately described by his clients as ‘not like an accountant at all’ or ‘an accountant that I can understand’. Gerry is the senior partner at a public accounting firm that primarily serves the NPO sector. He established the firm over 35 years ago. Gerry’s passion is performance and to feed that passion Gerry has an executive coaching designation, a professional sport coaching designation and is a certified Gallup Strengths coach. Gerry works with award winning people at the highest level all both realms. A proponent of the theory that one can never know enough, Gerry is in the final year of a Masters program in High Performance Coaching at UBC on his way to a very belated doctorate.