Board Diversity and Inclusion: Introduction to Key Concepts
Board Diversity & Inclusion: Introduction to Key Concepts
Equip yourself with tools to create a culture that actively embraces a spectrum of voices and lived experiences in organizational governance.
In this workshop, you will learn key concepts, and strategies to diversify your board and create an inclusive culture.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define key concepts relating to diversity and inclusion.
- Articulate the benefits of enhancing diversity and inclusion.
- Describe key components of creating an inclusive board culture.
- Describe strategies for recruiting a diverse board.
Non-profit board members and Executive Directors/CEOs who want to increase diversity and inclusion in their board but are unsure where to start.
Note: Participants are encouraged to attend this workshop, or an equivalent, before taking any of Vantage Point’s other Board Diversity & Inclusion workshops.
- Approaches to bring diversity and inclusion practices into your board based on lived experiences.
- Processes to encourage diversity and inclusivity through recruitment, open meetings, planning, and engagement.
- Self-awareness and knowledge about diversity, inclusion and the impact of privilege on non-profit governance and leadership.