What's coming up at Vantage Point?
To apply for a bursary for one of our workshops or labs, complete our application form here.
Board Fundamentals: Board Diversity and Inclusion
November 23 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$99 – $119
Build strong diversity practices for your board.
Board Fundamentals: Board Diversity and Inclusion equips board members with tools to create a culture that actively embraces a spectrum of voices and lived experiences.
In this half-day workshop, program participants learn key concepts, and strategies for creating diversity on their board.
Who Should Attend:
Not-for-profit board members and Executive Directors who want to increase diversity and inclusion in their board but are not sure where to start.
This three-hour workshop equips participants with:
- ESkills and tools to bring diversity and inclusion practices into their boards
- EProcesses to encourage diversity and inclusivity through recruitment, open meetings, planning, and engagement
- EDevelop self-awareness and knowledge about diversity, inclusion and the impact of privilege on not-for-profit governance and leadership
- EBenefits of creating a diverse and inclusive board
- EKey concepts: diversity, inclusion, and privilege
- EFirst/next steps in creating an inclusive culture
- EDeveloping and integrating diversity/inclusion into board/organizational policies
- EIdentify the benefits to their community in creating more diversity
- EBuild confidence in using strategies to engage more diversity
- EApply skills to embrace diversity across teams in their community organization
- ERecognize cultural competency challenges in their organization and identify steps required to build and sustain diversity and inclusion actions in their work
- ELead conversations about diversity and inclusion in their organizations