What’s coming up at Vantage Point?
To apply for a bursary for one of our workshops or labs, complete our application form here.
Board Fundamentals: Roles & Responsibilities
July 13 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$99 – $119
Engage your board and align their work with organizational values and vision
A highly effective and engaged board has clarity around roles, responsibilities and aligns their work and performance with organizational values and vision.
You will walk away with:
- EIncreased confidence to carry out your role as board member
- EIncreased clarity on the roles of board members vs. the roles of staff and operational volunteers
- EA more engaged board and stronger alignment to the organizational mission and vision
- ETools to increase the effectiveness of your board meetings
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- EDefine the responsibilities of board members
- EDescribe the three modes of governance
- EDescribe practices that build effective boards
- ELearn new tools that support good governance (e.g. consent agendas, board calendars)
- EFive key board responsibilities
- EThe role of oversight
- EGovernance vs operations perspective
- EBoard development, recruitment and training
- EMeeting management
- ECommittee structure and board tools