What's coming up at Vantage Point?
To apply for a bursary for one of our workshops or labs, complete our application form here.
- This event has passed.
Board Fundamentals: Succession & Recruitment
May 11 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$99 – $119
Proactively recruit, engage and develop the “right” board members
To maintain a committed team of qualified directors is one of the board’s biggest challenges. In this half-day workshop, you will learn to move beyond recruiting the average applicant by creating a strategic framework to identify, recruit, engage, and develop the talents of board members.
This workshop is ideal for board chairs, board members, and executive directors.
Come away from this workshop with the ability to:
- EIdentify board member competencies and attributes required for an organization to succeed
- ERecognize the importance of diversity in building an effective board
- EDevelop processes to recruit, onboard, and develop board members
- ERecruit new board members who share your values and mission
- EBring in new skills and perspectives by broadening the pool of candidates
- EEnsure continuity of leadership with succession and contingency plans
- EEmpower board members to meaningfully contribute with strong onboarding processes
Sylvia Ceacero has extensive experience in the management and oversight of non-profits and for profits, large and small. Her experience expands more that two decades and it is national, provincial and municipal in scope. She currently is offering her expertise through consultation specializing in non-profit strategic planning linked to enterprise-wide risk management.
She holds an MBA (Strategy and HR) from HEC Montreal – University of Montreal, an MA (Canadian Politics) from McGill University as well as a Master’s Certificate in Risk Management from the Schulich School of Business – York University. She also has executive level certifications in Governance, Change Management, Coaching etc… from Queen’s University and McGill University. Read more here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sylvia-ceacero-a600b214/
She currently volunteers with the Vancouver Board of Trade’s Regional Civic Affairs Committee; with MOSAIC BC; with the High Dose Influenza Vaccine For All Seniors Committee; and as a Knowledge Philanthropist with Vantage Point. She is an avid reader, and an amateur painter and a certified end-of-life doula.