What's coming up at Vantage Point?
To apply for a bursary for one of our workshops or labs, complete our application form here.
Board Fundamentals: Supporting Your Executive Director
September 28 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$99 – $119
Do you have a process for setting performance objectives and providing ongoing support to your Executive Director?
Performance management is can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. It is about creating a work environment that enables people to perform their best. In this half-day workshop, you’ll learn how to set goals, provide feedback, and assess performance so your Executive Director and organization can flourish. Benefits of good performance management include:
- EAligning Executive Director performance objectives with organizational priorities
- EClarity around expectations and evaluation processes reduce stress
- EMeaningful feedback and support enhance motivation and effectiveness
- EStronger relationship between the Executive Director and the board
This workshop is ideal for board chairs, board members and executive directors
Come away from this workshop with the ability to:
- EConnect your Executive Director’s annual priorities to your organization’s strategic and operational plan
- EOutline methods of Executive Director goal setting and measurement
- EDescribe board responsibilities in supporting the Executive Director
- EIdentify methods to gather feedback
- EDescribe the performance management cycle
Irma Mattes CFP, FMA, EPC, RRC
I have over 40 years of business experience and was involved in management positions in a number of fields such as law, manufacturing and directing the operations of two BC Provincial Commissions of Inquiry, as well as being a financial planner for the past 25 years.
While working with the Royal Commission on Health Care and Costs in 1990, it became apparent that there were many community organizations contributing in the area of health care alone and they had great need for people to get involved. It was clear that many services would not be available to people without the caring involvement of a large community of volunteers and I aspired to become one of them.
I have had the privilege of contributing to various volunteer boards over the years, The Crisis Centre, Greater Vancouver Crime Stoppers, The Community Home Support Services Association in Vancouver and Little Mountain Residential Care & Housing Society.