Board Fundamentals: Supporting Your Executive Director
Board Fundamentals: Supporting Your
Thursday, January 12 @ 5:30pm
Do you have a process for setting performance objectives and providing ongoing support to your Executive Director?
Performance management is can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. It is about creating a work environment that enables people to perform their best. In this half-day workshop, you’ll learn how to set goals, provide feedback, and assess performance so your Executive Director and organization can flourish.
Come away from this workshop with the ability to:
1. Connect your Executive Director’s annual priorities to your organization’s strategic and operational plan.
2. Outline methods of Executive Director goal setting and measurement.
3. Describe board responsibilities in supporting the Executive Director.
4. Identify methods to gather feedback.
5. Describe the performance management cycle.
This workshop is ideal for board chairs, board members and executive directors.
1. Aligning Executive Director performance objectives with organizational priorities
2. Clarity around expectations and evaluation processes reduce stress.
3. Meaningful feedback and support enhance motivation and effectiveness.
4. Stronger relationship between the Executive Director and the board.