What's coming up at Vantage Point?
To apply for a bursary for one of our workshops or labs, complete our application form here.
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Excelerator Coaching™ – offered in partnership with Essential Impact (Day 2)
May 26 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$194.65 – $229
Techniques & Tools For Effective Leaders
May 19 & 26, 2021: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Coaching is increasingly being used within organizations to support improved personal and team performance.
This full-day workshop includes facilitated discussions, individual and group activities and experiential learning through coaching practice. In this highly-experiential session, participants will have the opportunity to practice coaching skills and experience being coached, actively tackling issues they are currently facing in the work place.
This course follows a two-step process: First, clarifying what coaching is and is not, introducing the Excelerator Coaching™ model. Second, going further into coaching techniques and tools, and consolidating learning through practicing coaching skills and being coached.
*Fee includes registration, and Essential Impact’s coaching workbook. Participants will also have access to the Great Question!™ app.
Not-for-profit employees or volunteers
Following this workshop, participants will have an understanding of coaching and will be comfortable coaching others. Participants will be able to:
- EUnderstand what coaching is and how it can support performance within organizations
- EBe comfortable using the Excelerator Coaching™ model to work with others within their organizations
- EUnderstand and apply a range of coaching and influencing approaches
- EImprove their communication and influencing skills through developing active listening and effective questioning skills
- EUnderstand interference and limits on performance
- EContract clearly and ethically, and be aware of coaching boundaries
- EBe comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and learning from others
As organizations find themselves working within an increasingly complex world, where they are often required to do more with less, coaching offers a tool for encouraging and supporting individuals and team members to find solutions and to take responsibility for their own actions and outcomes.
Participants in the One Day Intro to Coaching workshop are introduced to the four principles of the Excelerator Coaching™ Model – Engage, Enlighten, Empower, Excel.
- EENGAGE: Focuses on creating an environment of safety and confidentiality for meaningful conversations.
- EENLIGHTEN: Focuses on identifying root causes and underlying issues rather than symptoms in order to target specific action.
- EEMPOWER: Focuses on generating self-awareness of internal and external barriers which typically interfere with effective planning and implementation of change.
- EEXCEL: Focuses on commitment to action, with realistic timeframes.
Robert Gray’s coaching experience and practice bring a perfect blend of high invitation and high challenge – this helps create a safe space in which people can bring their true self and also on which they can challenge themselves to enter into who they want to be and what they want to accomplish. He is quiet, calm and collected and yet inquisitive and assertive at the same time – this combination allows the client to be free to explore new thoughts and ideas and come to outcomes that work for them. An accomplished background with more than 6 years of coaching involvement, specifically in the not-for-profit world, Robert’s energy is focused on helping people connect their skills and experience to their values, passions and purpose. He has 20 years’ experience in local church pastoral ministry both in the UK and Canada and is skilled and practiced in teaching; the facilitation of learning, coaching, leadership development, culture and organizational change management, sales and continuous human improvement. He is skilled in public speaking and working with small groups and individuals.