Human Resources: Tools for Recruiting & Selection
Human Resources: Tools for Recruiting and Selection
Stand out from the crowd.
In this half-day workshop, you will explore best practices in developing job descriptions, screening resumes, developing interview questions, and conducting reference checks to attract and engage high performers to your employee roles.
Having the right people, in the right role, at the right time is paramount to your organization’s success. Be confident you are making the best hiring decisions for your organization.
Come away from this workshop with the ability to:
- Describe how a position supports the strategic goals of the organization
- Identify the competencies and attributes required for the incumbent to be successful in the position and develop screening criteria
- Draft effective and engaging position descriptions
- Develop effective interview questions and screening processes to evaluate candidates
This workshop is ideal for non-profit leaders responsible for recruiting and hiring staff.
Participants will learn context and gain skills to lead the board of directors in four core areas:
- Developing the board itself
- Developing the Executive Director
- Developing the organization’s capacity for relevant conversations
- Developing strong external relationships
Laurie is the Recruiting Manager for Hollyburn Family Services and the HR Advisor and Consultant for Hollyburn Family Services Society. With a Master in Business Administration, Executive Management – Leadership from Royal Roads University and with CPHR and SHRM-SCP certifications, Laurie has over 10 years of experience in HR and Leadership roles with varied organizations across Canada and the US. Previously, Laurie was the Executive Director for the Golden Women’s Resource Centre in Golden, BC and more recently worked as the Interim ED for Global Partners Institute Canada (Foreign Student Exchange Program).