What's coming up at Vantage Point?
To apply for a bursary for one of our workshops or labs, complete our application form here.
Tools for Recruiting
October 19 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$99 – $119
Develop strategies for attracting the right people to your organization.
In this half-day workshop, you will explore best practices in developing job descriptions, screening resumes, developing interview questions, and conducting reference checks to attract and engage high performers to your employee and volunteer roles.
Having the right people, in the right role, at the right time is paramount to your organization’s success. Be confident you are making the best hiring decisions for your organization.
This workshop is ideal for not-for-profit leaders responsible for recruiting and hiring staff and volunteers.
Come away from this workshop with the ability to:
- EDescribe how a position supports the strategic goals of the organization
- EIdentify the competencies and attributes required for the incumbent to be successful in the position and develop screening criteria
- EDraft effective and engaging position descriptions
- EDevelop effective interview questions and screening processes to evaluate candidates
Walk away with a number of resources to guide you in the right direction. You will learn how to:
- EDevelop positions that align with your organizational priorities
- EIdentify the skills, knowledge and attributes necessary to succeed in the role
- EAttract great candidates and identify who is the best fit for the role
Amy Saini is a multifaceted and energetic HR Consultant who has 15 years of experience driving organizational change in the non-profit sector. She is an enthusiastic and solutions-focussed Business Partner who draws from best practices while leading with her natural abilities to build relationships, educate and inspire those around her. Amy believes that strong HR practices are essential to realizing the overall organizational strategy.
Amy holds a Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) designation, as well as a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Adult Education. Passionate about personal development, she is currently working on her Organizational Coaching Certification to be an International Coaching Federation (ICF) accredited coach.
Amy is a joyful yogi at heart. When she’s not on her mat, she’s hitting the roads and trails to train for run half marathon and marathon races. She lives in North Vancouver where she spends lots of time in the forests hiking with her husband, two kids and dogs.