Join our membership community
Our members are at the heart of our efforts to create a healthy and resilient not-for-profit sector.
When you become a Vantage Point organizational member, your board, staff, and volunteers can participate in our advocacy work and convening efforts for the sector. This is your opportunity to be heard and strengthen the voice of BC’s not-for-profits.
If you would like to renew your membership, please check for the link in the renewal email you should have received. If you have not received a renewal reminder and link, please contact Miranda Maslany at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be a part of public policy discussions and recommendations to support not-for-profits in BC?
By becoming a Vantage Point organizational member your board, staff, and volunteers can participate in advocacy work for the sector. This is your opportunity to be heard and strengthen the voice of BC’s not-for-profits.
Our Work in 2020
With the impact of the pandemic, we advocated for a not-for-profit stabilization fund and urged all levels of government to see the critical role that not-for-profits play in BC’s recovery.
We have asked the BC government to create a home for the not-for-profit sector for over two years, and we were thrilled to see Niki Sharma appointed to the role of Parliamentary Secretary of Community Development and Non-profits in November 2020. We have been a prominent voice sharing your concerns around the Lobbyist Transparency Act and the administrative burden it creates for not-for-profits.
At a Glance: Why become an organizational member?
Discounts on Vantage Point’s capacity-building services:
- EGet the latest sector updates that impact your not-for-profit
- EInfluence the direction of Vantage Point’s advocacy and sector development work
- EConnect with fellow not-for-profit leaders to collaborate and network
- EInvest in our advocacy and convening to support BC’s not-for-profit sector
- ERecruit volunteers and save money on our virtual learning opportunities
- EProvide membership benefits for your whole staff team and board!
- EWe’re online! You can access your membership benefits virtually. No matter where you are in the province, we’re here to support you.
A Closer Look at your Benefits
Sector Development and Advocacy
Member Newsletter: Be the first to know about updates that impact your not-for-profit.
We know you are busy and focused on your mission – we will do the heavy lifting and bring together key updates that impact your not-for-profit. These updates include news on public policy, government decisions, and changes in the sector.
Peer Networks: Collaborate with fellow members on key sector issues.
We have a growing number of peer networks that meet monthly to move forward key issues in the sector. As a member you can join one (or more) of these networks to steer the direction and have your say on these initiatives. Whether you are new to a topic and eager to learn more or have expertise you want to share – we would love to have you join!
Add your voice: Share your priorities and concerns to shape our public policy advocacy.
We are here to listen to you and amplify your voice. Your experience and expertise in the not-for-profit sector is the foundation of the advocacy work we pursue. Your organization will have regular opportunities to provide input on the direction of our work and nuances of the issues we pursue.
Member Discounts & Services
Recruit volunteers through Govolunteer.ca. Create an account to post unlimited volunteer opportunities on Govolunteer.ca – which receives over one million pageviews per year.
Receive discounts on Vantage Point’s capacity-building services.
Get discounts to advance your professional development and organizational capacity. As an organizational member, your entire staff and board can make use of these discounts for their professional development.
- 15% off our virtual BOSS conference (Building Organizational & Sector Sustainability)
- 15% off virtual workshops
- 15% off room rentals*
Borrow books from our office library*.
Access our library of books on not-for-profit topics including board governance, fundraising, marketing, public policy, and more.
*Room Rentals and Library access take place in our Vantage Point office and are dependent on COVID-19 restrictions. Reach out to Miranda Maslany at email@example.com if you have questions on current availability.
As an organizational member – everyone in your organization receives the benefits – your board, staff, and volunteers.
How to purchase membership:
- Pay online by credit card
- Send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (please also send an email to that same address stating your organization and what the transfer was for)
- Send us a cheque addressed to Vantage Point, 1183 Melville Street, Vancouver BC, V6E 2X5.
|Organizational Budget||One Year||Two Years|
|0K – 500K:||$100||$150 (save $50)|
|500K – 1M:||$150||$250 (save $50)|
|1M – 5M||$200||$350 (save $50)|
|5M+:||$250||$450 (save $50)|
If you would like to renew your membership, please check for the link in the renewal email you should have received. If you have not received a renewal reminder and link, please contact Miranda Maslany at email@example.com or 604.637.8289.
Looking for other membership options?
Become a Vantage Point supporter.
- EAre you a for-profit organization or a consultant who is looking to get involved and foster not-for-profit leadership? Contact Miranda Maslany at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- ECheck out our Opportunities page on our website for a variety of ways to get involved
If you are part of a not-for-profit organization, we highly encourage you to become an organizational member so that everyone in your organization receives the benefits. Individual membership is $50. Receive 15% off workshops & room rentals, the member newsletter, access to join peer networks, and an invitation and vote at our Annual General Meeting. To become an individual member please give us a call at 604.875.9144 or email email@example.com
Please note BOSS discounts are only available through the organizational membership.
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates