Building the capacity of organizations
Are you looking to guide your organization through significant growth, change, or transition? Do you feel your organization has unrealized potential? Capacity Lab is the perfect program to take a close look at your organization and make an action plan to effectively move through transitions.
What is Capacity?
Capacity Lab is a blend of in-class learning and expert consulting. Our not-for-profit clients have seen tremendous benefits through this guided self-assessment process. Members of our consulting team will work with you to build a Capacity Enhancement Plan for your organization.
We define capacity as the health of your organization in five areas:
- Financial Resources
- Administrative Systems
How it Works
The Capacity Lab is a five-month guided self-assessment process for for senior staff (Executive Directors, CEOs, general managers, etc.) and not-for-profit board members.
Each session will have up to four spaces for your organization to attend. We recommend having your Executive Director fill one spot for the entire program and the additional spots can be alternated with different staff or board members each session.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2022
Bursary Application Deadline: 1 month before course start date
Location: Online / Virtual
Cost: $2950 (for four participants)
2022 Program Schedule
February 16, 2022
9:30 am – 3 pm | Introduction to Lifecycles
March 9, 2022
9:30 am – 3 pm | Programs
March 30, 2022
9:30 am – 3 pm | Management
April 20, 2022
9:30 am – 3 pm | Governance
May 11, 2022
9:30 am – 3 pm | Financial Resources
June 1, 2022
9:30 am – 3 pm | Administrative Systems
June 22, 2022
9:30 am – 3 pm | Review Self-Assessment Process and Capacity Improvement Planning
Is this the right program for my organization?
In this program you will examine each of these categories for your organization. Capacity Lab gives you clarity on the best way to move your organization forward. If you are looking to tackle roadblocks and create a path to greater impact – this is the program for you.
You and your organization are an ideal candidate if you are:
- Eager to invest in your organization’s strength and sustainability
- Experiencing growing pains and increased demand for services or programs
- Facing an upcoming transition
- Seeking expert guidance to get your organization on track
JP is our Planning Consultant, ready to support organizations strategize the most effective ways to reach their goals. JP has extensive experience as a facilitator, consultant, researcher, and writer. As a consultant, JP is sought out for his expertise in governance, organizational culture, strategy, process design, and change management….
Dorla Tune is our Organizational Consultant who supports and strengthens our training, planning, and consulting services. Dorla has over 20 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector which spans across multiple provinces and organizations.
She started in Ontario where she graduated from McMaster University with a combined Bachelor of Social Work and Sociology degree..
How will my organization benefit?
You and your organization will have the opportunity to:
- PIdentify transition stages that may be causing pressure and how to move through them
- PUnderstand how your current challenges and opportunities are part of a normal progression
- PComplete a comprehensive self-assessment to identify your organization’s current lifecycle stage
- POutline realistic steps your organization can take to build capacity in governance, management, financial resources and/or administrative systems
What will you accomplish?
Through the seven-day process, participating organizations will:
- PUnderstand the seven stages of your organization’s lifecycle
- PAssess the five areas of your organizational capacity (programs, management, governance, systems, and financial resources)
- PGet clarity on your organizational development activities that offer the greatest impact
- PDevelop a detailed organizational capacity improvement plan
Topics of each of the 7 full-day learning session.
Intro to Nonprofit Lifecycles
Review Capacity Improvement Plans
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates