Executive Lab will elevate your leadership skills to engage your board, staff, and volunteers and move your team toward your organizational goals.
Heighten your executive performance
Embrace the challenges and opportunities of the Executive Director role. Feel empowered to excel in both your day-to-day responsibilities and the strategic leadership of your organization.
Set yourself up for success. Build relationships with your peers in this cohort-driven program. Discover and foster the leadership strengths that will accelerate your impact as a senior leader in the not-for-profit sector.
Is this the right program for me?
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are currently in an Executive Director role
- Have 1+ years experience as an Executive Director
How it Works
Executive Lab is a cohort program with activities, practical tools, and peer relationships to increase your effectiveness as an Executive Director.
Over the course of seven sessions, you will learn concepts and test out strategies and tools to elevate your leadership. The learning doesn’t stop in the classroom though! At the end of each session, you will identify how you want to apply the concepts we explored in your day-to-day work over the next week. We will begin subsequent sessions by sharing the insights you gained from testing out ideas.
Application Deadline: To be confirmed
Bursary Application Deadline: 1 month before course start date
Cost: $1725 (includes $150 SDI 2.0 assessment)
2021 Program Schedule
September 16, 2021
9:30 am – 3:00 pm | Personal Leadership
September 23, 2021
9:30 am – 3:00 pm | Getting the Most From Your Board
September 29, 2021
9:30 am – 3:00 pm | People Planning and Engagement
October 7, 2021
9:30 am – 3:00 pm | People Development
October 14, 2021
9:30 am – 3:00 pm | Change and Conflict
October 21, 2021
9:30 am – 3:00 pm | Strategic & Visionary Leadership
October 28, 2021
9:30 am – 3:00 pm | Reflections and Action Planning
Join Executive Lab to experience 35 hours of in-class learning over seven weeks.
Sept 16, 2021 – Personal Leadership
September 23, 2021 – Getting the Most From Your Board
Kyla Epstein (she/her) is the Member Engagement Officer at the BCIT Faculty & Staff Association. With two decades of experience in non-profit administration, governance, fundraising…
September 29, 2021 – People Planning and Engagement
Oct 7, 2021 – People Development
October 14, 2021 – Change and Conflict
Sylvia Ceacero has extensive experience in the management and oversight of non-profits and for profits, large and small. Her experience expands more that two decades and it is national, provincial…
October 21, 2021 – Strategic & Visionary Leadership
What tools will you gain from this lab?
Executive Lab offers you a roadmap to take your leadership and organization to the next level.
Through Executive Lab you will:
- EDevelop a network of peers that understand your current challenges
- EAccess leading subject-matter experts and mentors
- EGain insights into how other Executive Directors and subject matter experts assess, approach and resolve issues
- ELearn best practices, tools and strategies that you can apply in different situations/contexts
- EExperience a combination of instruction, peer, and applied learning
What will you learn?
Through interactive, in-class learning sessions, you develop critical leadership competencies across core areas of not-for-profit leadership.
- ELeverage your personal strengths to effectively lead your organization
- EWork and collaborate successfully with your board
- EApply tools to develop, articulate, and implement your strategic vision
- EEstablish frameworks to ensure legal and financial accountability and manage risk
- EExplore techniques for developing a desired work culture
- ESupport and foster diversity amongst your team and board
- EEnhance team performance at your organization
- EApply a coaching lens
- EBuild stronger relationships amongst your team, board, and community.
Come away from this program with a concrete understanding of the following topics:
Strategic & Visionary Leadership
Team Culture & Engagement
Governance & Board Relations
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates