Elevate your leadership skills to engage your board, staff, and volunteers and move your team toward your organizational goals.
Heighten your performance
Embrace the challenges and opportunities of the Executive Director role. Feel empowered to excel in both your day-to-day responsibilities and the strategic leadership of your organization.
Set yourself up for success. Build relationships with your peers in this cohort-driven program.
Discover and foster the leadership strengths that will accelerate your impact as a senior leader in the not-for-profit sector.
You are an ideal candidate if you are:
- Are currently in an Executive Director role
- Have 1+ years experience as an Executive Director
How it Works
Executive Lab is a transformational program with activities, practical tools, and peer relationships to increase your effectiveness as an Executive Director.
The intense cohort program includes seven virtual sessions. During the classroom sessions, faculty members bring theory and best practice to life through activities, discussion, and peer learning. The learning doesn’t stop in the classroom though! Applying and reflecting on the concepts explored in class is a key step in elevating your leadership practice.
To get the most from this program, please plan so that you can dedicate one day per week to the course.
Application Deadline: March 13, 2023
Bursary Application Deadline: 6 weeks before course start date
Cost: $2149 Non-Member / $1949 Member
(includes $150 SDI 2.0 assessment)
Join Executive Lab to experience 35 hours of learning over seven weeks.
April 12, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm| Personal Leadership
April 19, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Strategic & Visionary Leadership
April 26, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Culture and Engagement
May 3, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Wellbeing
May 10, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Team Cohesion
May 17, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Governance
May 24, 2023
9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Reflections and Action Planning
What will you learn?
Through interactive, in-class learning sessions, you develop critical leadership competencies across core areas of not-for-profit leadership.
- PLeverage your personal strengths to effectively lead your organization
- PSuccessfully work and collaborate with your board
- PApply tools to develop, articulate, and implement your strategic vision
- PExplore techniques for developing a desired work culture
- PSupport and foster a safer environment for diverse team and board members
- PEmbrace productive conflict and diverse perspectives
- PEnhance team performance at your organization
- PApply a coaching lens
- PBuild stronger relationships amongst your team, board, and community
What tools will you gain from this lab?
Executive Lab offers you a roadmap to take your leadership and organization to the next level.
Through Executive Lab you will:
- PDevelop a network of peers that understand your current challenges
- PAccess leading subject-matter experts and mentors
- PGain insights into how other Executive Directors and subject matter experts assess, approach and resolve issues
- PLearn best practices, tools and strategies that you can apply in different situations/contexts
- PExperience a combination of instruction, peer, and applied learning
Come away from this program with a concrete understanding of the following topics: