Board Diversity & Inclusion: Decolonizing Practices and Navigating Power
Transform the Impact of your board conversations.
Develop advanced understanding of a culture of belonging, decolonization, and allyship!
This workshop equips board members with inclusive and welcoming board practices. More specifically, you will learn about the ways to develop a culture of belonging on your board, engage with strategies to balance power on boards, assess your decolonizing practices, and create an allyship plan.
Non-profit board members, Executive Directors/CEOs, or other senior staff who have prior knowledge and experience related to board diversity and inclusion and want to advance that work.
Note: As this workshop builds on a prior knowledge and experience with board diversity and inclusion, intermediate knowledge and experience related to these topics is highly recommended. We suggest starting with our other board diversity & inclusion workshops: Introduction to Key Concepts and Deepening Foundations and Embedding Actions, or equivalent, prior to enrolling in this workshop.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Expand your understanding of colonization, systemic racism, and White privilege.
- Develop strategies to make spaces where everyone experiences a sense of belonging.
- Assess power dynamics in your boardroom.
- Evaluate your decolonizing practices and prepare a plan of action.
- Identify allyship values and practices.
- A space to be vulnerable and unpack complex terms like White supremacy and systemic racism.
- A unique workshop that sheds light on the nuances between colonization and board power structures.
- Meet and learn from other non-profit leaders who are on a relatable journey with their board.