Board Diversity & Inclusion: Deepening Foundations and Embedding Actions
Deepen your understanding of bias and inclusive culture and assess your board diversity practices!
This workshop equips board members with a deeper understanding of inclusive and welcoming board practices. More specifically, you will learn about the ways that bias impacts board culture and be introduced to a benchmarking tool that can support you in assessing your board’s current diversity and inclusion practices.
Non-profit board members, Executive Directors/CEOs, or other senior staff who have engaged with foundational issues related to board diversity and inclusion and want to expand on that work.
Note: If your board is discussing diversity and inclusion for the first time, we recommend starting with our Introduction to Key Concepts workshop, or equivalent, prior to enrolling in this workshop.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Engage with advanced issues related to board diversity and inclusion.
- Assess opportunities to engage diverse community members in governance.
- Identify actions to further foster an inclusive board culture.
- Develop equitable and inclusive leadership skills to support the engagement of current and future diverse board members.
- Apply a tool to evaluate current board equity, diversity and inclusion practices.
- A deeper understanding of foundational concepts related to diversity and inclusion.
- Ways to increase the participation of equity-deserving groups in governance.
- Skills and tools to assess and strengthen diversity and inclusion beyond their current practices and priorities.