Board Fundamentals: Board Diversity & Inclusion
Build strong diversity practices for your board
Board Fundamentals: Board Diversity and Inclusion equips board members with tools to create a culture that actively embraces a spectrum of voices and lived experiences.
In this half-day workshop, program participants learn key concepts, and strategies for creating diversity on their board.
Who Should Attend:
Not-for-profit board members and Executive Directors who want to increase diversity and inclusion in their board but are not sure where to start.
This three-hour workshop equips participants with:
- ESkills and tools to bring diversity and inclusion practices into their boards
- EProcesses to encourage diversity and inclusivity through recruitment, open meetings, planning, and engagement
- EDevelop self-awareness and knowledge about diversity, inclusion and the impact of privilege on not-for-profit governance and leadership
- EBenefits of creating a diverse and inclusive board
- EKey concepts: diversity, inclusion, and privilege
- EFirst/next steps in creating an inclusive culture
- EDeveloping and integrating diversity/inclusion into board/organizational policies
- EDefine key concepts relating to diversity and inclusion
- EArticulate the benefits of enhancing diversity and inclusion
- EDescribe key components of creating an inclusive board culture
- EDescribe strategies for recruiting a diverse board