Board Fundamentals: Critical Role of the Board Chair
Strong Leadership is about more than running efficient meetings.
Learn key strategies to engage your board in fulfilling its role by gaining a better understanding of the board chair’s role. This workshop will invite you to explore how to move your board towards a governance model and generate ideas for a board chair leadership action plan.
Board Chairs and incoming board chairs of non-profit organizations.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe your responsibilities as the Board Chair.
- Clarify the distinct role and responsibilities of the board and key staff and/or volunteers (e.g., ED/CEO, or other most senior staff/volunteer position).
- Identify the right questions and conversations for your board to effectively govern your organization.
- Apply meeting tools to structure productive board conversations.
- An inclusive space to meet with other Board Chairs and exchange experiences.
- Confidence to try some new approaches in future board meetings.
- Emphasis on the importance of strategic and generative conversations.