Board Fundamentals: Effective Board Meeting Facilitation
Lead engaging discussions on the topics that matter.
Love them or hate them, meetings happen at any organization. In this workshop, you will learn practical tools and techniques for setting agendas, fostering participation, building consensus and keeping your meetings on track.
All non-profit leaders who are looking to improve their facilitation skills for board meetings
Note: The content of this workshop is targeted toward board members and often refers and uses examples of board meetings, but the concepts can be applied to any meeting.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Adopt specific meeting facilitation tools to engage all participants in contributing to meeting outcomes.
- Describe strategies to lead groups through challenging meeting conversations.
- Identify the steps to build consensus in challenging meeting conversations.
- Apply tools such as board calendars, annotated agendas and consent agendas to make time for important discussions.
- Clarity around how facilitation contributes to inclusion and participation.
- An introduction to consensus-building as a decision-making tool.
- Ideas to try out at your own meetings.