Board Fundamentals: Executive Director Succession Planning
Develop proactive plans to ensure effective leadership at your organization.
Has your Executive Director announced their retirement? What happens if they suddenly leave? The Executive Director plays a critical role in delivering the mission of your organization.
In this workshop, you’ll learn practical steps and gain concrete resources to support your organization to plan proactively for a leadership transition.
Board members and senior non-profit leaders who are hoping to create or improve the succession plan for ED/CEO roles in a mindful and proactive way.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Analyze your strategic plan and organizational life cycle to identify the skills and expertise you require from your next Executive Director.
- List the key steps in recruiting and onboarding your next Executive Director.
- Create contingency plans to keep your organization strong in case of a sudden absence of the Executive Director.
- Identify training and development opportunities for your Executive Director and senior staff so they can continue to be successful as requirements change.
- Confidence knowing that your organization is planning for the future.
- Step by step approach to a complicated subject.
- Insights into building an ED succession policy.