Embrace your financial responsibility
The role boards and employees play in not-for-profit financial management is not always fully understood or appreciated.
This half-day session will introduce you to a wide variety of financial management strategies and discuss ways to implement financial management tools effectively.
You will walk away with a practical perspective as to what board should do and understand the different roles the board and the executive director (or employees) have with respect to proper financial management.
Board members, executive directors/CEOs or senior leaders (i.e. Directors, Managers, etc.) of not-for-profit organizations who want to gain fundamental financial governance skills.
- EIdentified strategies to implement current financial management best practices for your organization
- EIncreased clarity on the roles of board members vs. the roles of paid staff as they relate to financial management
- EImplement meetings tools that support complicated and complex conversations at the board table
By the end of this session you be able to:
- EDescribe the importance of good financial governance in the not-for-profit sector
- EIdentify the financial governance responsibilities of the board
- ERead key financial statements
- EDescribe the difference between charities and not-for-profit organizations and the most common areas of non-compliance
- EThe Benefits of Good Financial Management
- EUnderstanding key information contained in the financial statements
- ERobust Financial Performance Management and Reporting System
- EA Responsible and Accountable Internal Environment
- EImportant Canada Revenue Agency Rules and Regulations You Need To Know
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates