Board Fundamentals: Financial Governance
Understanding the roles managers and board members play in an organization’s financial governance can be complicated.
This workshop will introduce the board’s financial governance responsibilities and explore ways to effectively implement reliable financial management tools.
Board members, Executive Directors/CEOs or senior leaders (for example, Directors or Managers) who are looking for a general overview of financial governance in non-profit organizations.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of good financial governance in the non-profit sector.
- Describe the difference between charities and non-profit organizations and the most common areas of non-compliance and risk.
- Identify the financial governance responsibilities of the board.
- Identify and understand key information presented on the financial statements.
- A systems-thinking approach to apply financial governance more holistically.
- Strategies to implement financial management best practices for your organization.
- Clarity on staff vs. board roles as they relate to financial management.