Board Fundamentals: Roles and Responsibilities
Engage your board and align their work with organizational values and vision. A highly effective and engaged board has clarity around roles, responsibilities and aligns their work and performance with organizational values and vision.
In this workshop, you will learn or refresh your knowledge on non-profit board member essentials.
All non-profit boards and leaders.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define the responsibilities of board members.
- Describe the three modes of governance.
- Describe practices that build effective boards.
- Learn new tools that support good governance (e.g., consent agendas, board calendars).
- Confidence to carry out your role as a board member.
- Clarity on the roles of board members vs. the roles of staff and operational volunteers.
- An inclusive space to review and reflect on what it means to be a board member.