Board Fundamentals: Succession and Recruitment
To maintain a committed team of qualified directors is one of the board’s biggest challenges.
In this workshop, you will learn to move beyond recruiting the average applicant by creating a strategic framework to identify, recruit, engage, and develop the talents of current and future board members.
Board members, Board Chairs, and Executive Directors/CEOs who are looking to create or improve the succession and recruitment plans for their board.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify board member competencies and attributes required for an organization to succeed.
- Recognize the importance of diversity in building an effective board.
- Develop processes to recruit, onboard, and develop board members.
- Insights from the experiences and approaches of other non-profit leaders.
- A refresher on why succession plans are important.
- Catch up on current onboarding practices in the sector.