Board Fundamentals: Supporting Your Executive Director
Do you have a process for setting performance objectives for your Executive Director?
Performance management can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. It is about creating a work environment that enables people to do their best. In this workshop, you will learn how to set goals, provide feedback, and assess performance so your Executive Director and organization can flourish.
Board Chairs, Executive Directors/CEOs, and board members who are looking to strengthen their board-ED relationship.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Connect your Executive Director’s annual priorities to your organization’s strategic and operational plan.
- Outline methods of Executive Director goal setting and measurement.
- Describe board responsibilities in supporting the Executive Director.
- Identify methods to gather feedback.
- Describe the performance management cycle.
- Alignment of Executive Director performance objectives with organizational priorities.
- Confidence to apply the performance cycle in a meaningful and supportive way.
- Reflection on what a good board-ED relationship looks like for your organization.