Capacity Building: Government Relations 101
Effective government engagement is a key component of many advocacy campaigns.
In this workshop, you will learn the rules and regulations around lobbying and government relations, and techniques you can apply to build effective relationships.
Non-profit leaders who are new to lobbying or are seeking support to improve their influence in government.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between advocacy, lobbying and government relations.
- Describe what non-profits can and can not do when they engage in lobbying and government relations work.
- A simplified version of government structures that you need to know about.
- Tools for relationship-building.
- Learn from the challenges and achievements of other non-profit lobbyists.