Executive Director Succession Planning
Develop proactive plans to ensure effective leadership at your organization.
The Executive Director plays a critical role in delivering the mission of your organization. in this half-day workshop, you’ll learn practical steps and gain concrete resources to support your organization to plan proactively for a leadership transition. You will be equipped to identify your current and future leadership requirements to move your mission forward.
Come away from this workshop with the ability to:
- Analyze your strategic plan and organizational life cycle to identify the skills and expertise you require from your next Executive Director
- List the key steps in recruiting and onboarding your next Executive Director
- Create contingency plans to keep your organization strong in case of a sudden absence of the Executive Director
- Identify training and development opportunities for your Executive Director and senior staff so they can continue to be successful as requirements change
- Contingency planning
- How to develop the position description and selection criteria
- Recruitment and selection
- How to ensure a smooth transition