Strategic Financial Governance
Get the most from your financial reporting.
Your financial reports are about so much more than compliance. When organized well, financial reports provide critical information for making strategic decisions about your organization and its programs.
This workshop will explore frameworks, tools, and indicators to assess performance, consider alternatives, and make good governance decisions. Walk away from this workshop ready to analyze your program costs and impacts, establish key financial indicators (KPIs), and strategically assess your funding model.
Board members, Executive Directors/CEOs and financial directors of non-profit organizations who want to look at financial governance through a ‘big picture’ lens.
Note: Participants should be familiar with reading and interpreting financial statements and may consider first attending Board Fundamentals: Financial Governance (or equivalent) before taking this workshop.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Review your current revenue and funding strategies and consider alternatives.
- Update your budgeting and reporting framework to provide useful and meaningful information for strategic thinking.
- Evaluate program cost vs. Impact.
- Identify key performance indicators for financial health, sustainability, and performance.
- Critical thinking around financial frameworks
- Reflection around your current vs. ideal revenue model
- A space to discuss how literacy and measurement influence impact