A strategic plan provides high-level direction and ensures effective board governance for an organization.
Learn why having a strategic plan is important to your organization and how this can be achieved. This workshop focuses on the importance of a strategic plan and outlines its components.
Executive directors/CEOs, board members and other senior leaders of not-for-profit organizations
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- EDefine the role of the board and the role of management in preparing for and developing a strategic plan
- EEvaluate the differences between a strategic plan and an operational plan
- EOutline different types of environmental scans and their role in effective preparation for strategic planning
- EDescribe the five components of a strategic plan for your organization: Vision, mission, success, strategic goals and values
Participants with a current strategic plan will be able to evaluate the strengths of what they currently have in place and how to evolve it further.
Participants new to strategic planning will be able to start the preparation and development of a strategic plan for their organization.
The Importance of a Strategic Plan in Aligning People to Mission
- ETo provide high-level, future-looking direction for everyone in the organization
- ETo align ALL of the people in the organization (board, staff and knowledge philanthropists) to the mission of the organization
The Leadership Ladder
- EThe big picture – these are all the levels involved in aligning people to mission
- EExamine which parts are board-led and which are staff-led
- ESome of these are part of the strategic plan, some part of the operational plan
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates