Board Diversity & Inclusion: Introduction to Key Concepts
Equip yourself with tools to create a culture that actively embraces a spectrum of voices and lived experiences in organizational governance.
In this workshop, you will learn key concepts, and strategies to diversify your board and create an inclusive culture.
Non-profit board members and Executive Directors/CEOs who want to increase diversity and inclusion in their board but are unsure where to start.
Note: Participants are encouraged to attend this workshop, or an equivalent, before taking any of Vantage Point’s other Board Diversity & Inclusion workshops.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define key concepts relating to diversity and inclusion.
- Articulate the benefits of enhancing diversity and inclusion.
- Describe key components of creating an inclusive board culture.
- Describe strategies for recruiting a diverse board.
- Approaches to bring diversity and inclusion practices into your board based on lived experiences.
- Processes to encourage diversity and inclusivity through recruitment, open meetings, planning, and engagement.
- Self-awareness and knowledge about diversity, inclusion and the impact of privilege on non-profit governance and leadership.