Capacity Building: Strategic Planning ABCs
What are the ABCS of strategic planning you ask? Alignment, board engagement, and clarity! Learn why having a strategic plan is important to your organization and how this can be achieved. This workshop focuses on the importance of a strategic plan and outlines its components.
Executive Directors/CEOs, board members and other senior leaders of non-profit organizations who would like a broad overview of strategic planning.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the role of the board and the role of management in preparing for and developing a strategic plan.
- Discuss the differences between a strategic plan and an operational plan.
- Outline different types of environmental scans and their role in effective preparation for strategic planning.
- Describe the five components of a strategic plan for your organization: Vision, mission, success, strategic goals and values.
- A friendly and beginner’s approach to strategic planning.
- Participants with a current strategic plan can evaluate the strengths of what they currently have in place and how to evolve it further.
- Participants new to strategic planning will be able to start the preparation and development of a strategic plan for their organization.